Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Italian MEP invites dignitaries, Iranians to join Maryam Rajavi in ‘free Iran’ Gathering

Italian MEP, Patrizia Toia

Italian MEP, Patrizia Toia


Patrizia Toia, a Member of the European Parliament from Italy, has voiced support for the campaign by Mrs. Maryam Rajavi , President-elect of the Iranian Resistance, to achieve a free and democratic Iran.
Ms. Patrizia Toia : Hello, my name is Patrizia Toia, member of European Parliament from Italy. I would like to use this opportunity to express my solidarity with the people of Iran who are living under a religious dictatorship. I am particularly concerned about women in Iran and about the limitations they have to tolerate.
People of Iran deserve to have a democratic leader. I have a lot of sympathy for the leader of the Iranian Resistance, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, whom I have met several times in Brussels. She was at the European Parliament last March...
Her leadership as a Muslim woman brings hope for a free Iran.
I am also one of the signatories of the statement of 270 members of European Parliament on human rights in Iran which was issued recently. This statement signed by so many of my colleagues gives a strong message to the people of Iran that we in Europe care about democracy in Iran and we continue to support initiatives for a free Iran. That is why I encourage everyone to join the event in Paris of 9th of July. I hope your rally would be a great success. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment